Eileen Lo, D.M.D., M.Sc.
Meet Dr. Lo
I love being an orthodontist!
From making a change in my patients’ health and appearance to educating them on how to care for their new smiles, every part of my job brings me joy.
As a mother of two children, I understand that every child is precious and full of potential. I feel grateful to be in a position to make a positive change in their lives while building long-term relationships with every family I meet.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science (Biochemistry) – University of British Columbia
- Master of Science (Biochemistry) – University of Toronto
- Doctor of Dental Medicine – University of British Columbia
- Master of Science (Dentistry) – University of Manitoba
- Certificate in orthodontics – University of Manitoba
Continuing education plays a vital role in being a successful orthodontist. I stay current on the latest developments in the dental field by regularly attending regional, national, and international dental conferences. I am also the founder of two study clubs here in Calgary. This also allows me to be an active member of the dental and orthodontic community.
- Fellow of Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Member of Canadian Dental Association
- Member of Canadian Association of Orthodontists
- Member of American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of Charles H. Tweed International Foundation
- Member of Calgary District Dental Society
Commitment to Community
Compassion is the fundamental characteristic of a true healer and it is what motivated me to become a dentist. While caring lays the foundation, leadership is also an essential attribute for today’s health care professionals. I believe there is a pressing need to promote oral health in the community.
To put this into practice, I travelled on a dental mission to Spiti Valley, a mountain desert 3700 meters above sea level in the Indian Himalaya, near the Tibetan border. Our specific goals were to establish health records for all students and to treat the prevalent diseases, including dental caries, anemia, intestinal worms, and malnutrition. Furthermore, we emphasized on oral health education, as prevention on a community level is far more effective in fighting widespread diseases.
On a local level, I volunteered at a crisis line for more than 8 years (for a total of 800 hours).
Outside the Office
My wonderful husband and two young daughters are the focus of my free time. Together, we enjoy the outdoors, travelling and church activities.
Welcome to Shine Orthodontics
Thanks for choosing Shine Orthodontics for your orthodontic care, and I look forward to getting to know you. Having braces is a fun experience and my team and I ensure that you enjoy your time with us. We consider it a privilege to have you as our patient.